‘Growing Christian Disciples Active in Church and Community’
We believe that Christians are not just called to be saved but to grow in maturity, ready to do good works that God has planned for us to do. We try to help all our guests grow so when they leave us they will be encouraged and activated to serve Jesus.
Our programme is built around three key words: Restore, Equip, Connect
Everything we do comes under these words and we know that whether it’s just relaxing in our home or joining an equipping programme, there will be something to encourage you onwards. The Greenhouse Christian Centre team is made up of over 20 staff who are all here to help serve you and serve the Lord through their work. We are a Christian team who meet together to pray and worship on a regular basis and we warmly welcome you to come and spend time with us.
We are not meant to remain as children…. But we are meant to hold firmly to the truth in love, and to grow up in every way into Christ….Ephesians 4:14-15
Core truths for Christian living
In the spirit of love, hope and inclusion, The Greenhouse Christian Centre has adopted an amended version of the Evangelical Alliance statement of faith, to act as an anchor and inspiration for our spiritual identity and belief. Inspired by the life, teaching and mission of Jesus, it is our policy to welcome all as our guests regardless of their personal position or beliefs. We believe in the ministry of hospitality and this extends to both those we agree and disagree with. Relationship is by far the most powerful way of persuading anyone and we reach out in love to everyone.
The Greenhouse has a clear spiritual identity shaped by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and seeks to retain this through succeeding generations; to that end we ask trustees and senior staff to agree the statements below are true and should be expressed in love.
We believe that the central Biblical message is the ‘coming of God’s kingdom’, with Jesus enthroned as our loving King and we as His people. Everything we do is aimed at building this kingdom.
Our Statement of Faith
In particular we believe in:
- The one true loving God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of Jesus expressed in the Old and New Testament scriptures, which are the written word of God – fully trustworthy for our mission, faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the Virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; His ascension to the Father, and His reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the Gospel, make disciples, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
- That God ordained good works for all His children to do, therefore true faith and belief must be worked out in deeds.
- That truth should never be separated from love, so we seek to do nothing unless it be loving. 1 Corinthians 13 is our shield and inspiration, that we may never insist on truth apart from love.
The Greenhouse Trust’s understanding of theology could be described as ‘lovingly orthodox’. In broad ministry terms we believe in an emphasis on:
Spirit, Word and Deed
NB: Through prayer and wisdom, Christian leaders are invited to lead and teach at our centre, at the discretion of the trustees.
The Greenhouse Trust U.K. is a member of the UK Evangelical Alliance