For over 60 years we’ve provided great facilities for all kinds of groups including church weekends away, leadership training courses, prayer and teaching events, school groups, business conferences and even family reunions!
The Greenhouse is the ideal setting for groups who are looking for a special place to get away. Our accommodation provides for a range of budgets and group sizes. We offer well-equipped meeting rooms, comfortable bedrooms and a range of facilities in a stunningly beautiful and peaceful environment. Groups are able to enjoy our heated outdoor pool (peak season only), woodland walks, miles of golden beaches and the stillness of our prayer garden. Need someone to lead worship or provide teaching input? Just ask!
The perfect venue for groups to get away!
Rooms and areas available
There are 22 bedrooms and 5 lounges available at The Greenhouse Christian Centre. You can choose to utilise the whole house, giving you maximum flexibility over the usage of the rooms, their layouts and your programme – alternatively, it is possible to hire part of the house for conferencing, day events and quiet days. Let us know your requirements and we can talk you through what we can offer.
- 22 single, double and twin rooms sleeping 37 with en-suite or shared bathrooms
- Main lounge with central divider – seating for 35-40 people depending on configuration
- Quiet lounge/library – seating up to 6 people
- Pool lounge with beverage facilities, art materials and TV with Freeview channels – seating up to 12 people
- Chapel with sound system and electric piano – seating for 25 people
- Conservatory – seating up to 16 people
- Dining room – seating up to 42 people over 7 tables
- Heated outdoor pool (peak season only)
- Spacious gardens with prayer huts, summerhouse, seating and a prayer walk
- Free car parking – 17 spaces (rear of the building) plus 3 disabled spaces (front of the building)
Some groups prefer to know they have the whole site to themselves and sole access to the variety of facilities on offer.
For groups of 22 paying adults or more, we automatically offer exclusive use of the site. If the size of your group is less than 22 adults, we can still offer exclusive use at the equivalent cost (that is £1,958 at 2023 peak rate prices or £1,738 off peak).
We have a variety of equipment available for use free of charge, please let us know in advance so we can reserve it and ensure availability.
- Data projector & 4ft/7ft screen
- A1-sized flipchart with paper & markers (can be used as a whiteboard)
- Portable mini PA system with microphones
- CD/DVD player
- TV with Freeview channels (in the pool lounge)
- Portable hearing loop
- Art materials
- Charcoal BBQ
- Outdoor games (table tennis, badminton, croquet)
We understand that a comfortable and flexible meeting space makes all the difference for groups wanting to come away and have an impacting time together. We offer 5 pleasant meeting rooms seating from 6 to 45 people and all are completely flexible in their layout. Meeting rooms can be equipped with a projector and screen, flipchart, paper, pens and a stand. Tables and an electric piano can also be provided on request. The meeting rooms in the main house are on the ground floor and are wheelchair accessible.